The forefront in promoting quality assurance systems for private practising surveyors, and in formulating a new Licensed Surveyors Act in conjunction with the Institution of Surveyors Australia Division.
Broadly the objectives include
- The promotion of the profession and practice of surveying particularly in the area of private practice,
- The advancement, training and education of the profession and practice of surveying,
- The conservation and promotiong of the interests and status of the profession of surveying, and generally to represent the profession in the private area of practice,
- the promotion of a recommended code of professional ethics and general standards of professional conduct and practice for consulting surveyors,
- the promotion within the community, including members of the selection of cunsulting surveyors on merit,
- the promotion withing the community, including members, of the benefits of aqequate renumeration or guideline conditions of engagement and fees.